04 / 2023
Reduction of costs in spare parts dispatch
- The items ordered by customers and technicians were sent after the order was received, so that individual recipients received up to 5 shipments a day.
- The individual recipients were recorded, structured and prioritized. This enabled the flow of goods to be optimized on the basis of a specially developed and implemented cross-functional process.
- This consolidation of outgoing shipments made it possible to save on freight costs and packaging materials.
since 10 / 2022
Development of a quality management system according to ISO9001:2015
- Due to a lack of certification, competitors were able to win tenders with otherwise equivalent offers.
- Processes were recorded and comprehensive documentation was set up and certified by auditors.
- Thanks to the certification, competitiveness has increased. This restored competitiveness and more orders could be won.
since 06 / 2020
Creation of a Mediawiki for technical documentation
- Internal and external technicians as well as other positions did not have access to the required technical documentation
- A platform based on the Mediawiki was created
- By using it, you can now access the different, required data at different access levels.
10 / 2019
Analysis and adjustment of the warehouse layout for material flow optimization
- The materials in the warehouse were sorted according to consecutive material numbers. This means that in addition to screws, large parts and then various small parts were stored. This led to unused storage space and considerable effort in finding the materials we were looking for.
- Master data was recorded for the material, with which a structure is now sorted according to the type and volume of the article as well as according to other relevant parameters.
- This made processes more productive. Due to the optimization of the material flow, the processes were devoured and accelerated.
6 / 2016
Creation of a training program for the transport of dangerous goods
- As an external dangerous goods officer, I had to look after several customers and needed a basis to be able to give the customers help.
- The preparation of the dangerous goods regulations was modular and implemented in training concepts.
- By creating the dangerous goods documentation, work instructions and training documents, I have audited customers at 40 locations and trained around 300 employees from the various companies in handling dangerous goods.
10 / 2014
Optimization of the warehouse management system
- In the course of the customer acquisition of a contract logistician, the warehouse management system of the old warehouse location was taken over. The difficulty here was that the system for the new warehouse structure did not work smoothly.
- The system was able to be optimized accordingly by recording the storage structure and the optimized processes.
- With the new processes, all steps in the process were correctly mapped and the material flow was thus optimized.
06 / 2014
Outsourcing of a production and shipping warehouse (including dangerous goods)
- As part of the relocation of production, the warehouse logistics were handed over to a contract logistician. The existing warehouse management system should continue to be used in the new warehouse, as it had already been extensively adapted to the special features of the goods.
- Since the contract logistician did not know the processes of the system, these were analyzed and documented so that they could be implemented at the new location after training.
- Thanks to the training, the warehouse was able to go productive without long start-up times and the associated start-up difficulties. In the course of this, the further optimization of the processes could be started immediately without having to create basic prerequisites beforehand.
10 / 2012
Development, introduction and training of the group-wide air freight security program for well-known consignors at the Dormagen location
- Due to new EU regulations, an air freight security concept had to be audited and certified by the Federal Aviation Authority in order to continue to be able to send air freight safely.
- The certification was achieved through the implementation of the group-wide safety concept at the Dormagen site, the training of 120 employees and regular auditing.
- Afterwards, secure air freight shipments could be handed over to the airlines without having to be screened again by the forwarding agent. This meant that the air freight could be transported to the customer without any lengthy delays.